Support to water sector in up-scaling impact in WASH through “Socially Responsible Commercialization and Public Private Partnership with selected WSPs in Kenya, SNV-WASH, Kenya
- Supported the development of Strategic/Business Plans for selected institutions such as; Lake Victoria Water Services Board (LVWSB), Isiolo Water and Sewerage Company (IWASCO), Nanyuki Water and Sewerage Company (NAWASCO), and Garissa Water and Sewerage Company (GAWASCO)
- Supported the Ministry of Environment, Water and National Resources (MEWNR) to popularize and develop a framework for Public, Private Partnerships (PPP) as a viable alternative mechanism for helping improve service delivery in the sector through financing and improved sector Activities performed under this include:
- Facilitating and organizing a National stakeholder workshop on Public, Private Partnerships (PPP) as a viable alternative mechanism for helping improve service delivery in the sector through financing and improved sector management
- Facilitated the design and transaction process of Public Private Partnerships for potential WSPs
- Developed a communication strategy to popularize the concept and help build a strong “buy- in”. It included; target audience, the message (what to say, how say it logically, who to say), feedback and the plan among others
- Developed appropriate institutional arrangements for improving service delivery for Naivasha Water and Sewerage Company (NAIVAWASS), which included; a customer satisfaction survey, a feedback mechanism and developing a consumer communication plan.